This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase, we may receive compensation at no cost to you. Please view our full disclosure policy for more information.
It’s graduation time in Spokane, and just because we can’t have big graduation parties right now doesn’t mean we shouldn’t celebrate our grads! If you’re looking to support a local Spokane business or just looking for some fun graduation gift ideas, you’ve come to the right place.
Below, we have fun college graduation gift ideas, high school graduation gift ideas, delicious treats and sentimental treasures. Most of the gifts are made by local creators, too, keeping money in the economy and supporting local. A win win!
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no cost to you. Please view our full our advertising policy for more information.
Fun and Sentimental Graduation Gift Ideas
1) Looking for a funny high school or graduation gift idea? Check out these too-true shirts from HelloHandpressed! Their signature shirt references the toilet paper crisis of 2020 and its impact on graduating seniors.
Hello Handpressed has a lot of cute t-shirt options, too! Check out this one for your future teacher grad, or order a custom made shirt!
2) Looking for custom graduation gift baskets? Cheryl’s Angel Baskets is offering custom graduation gift baskets for your favorite grad – she has a ton of options you can check out here! Update: Cheryl’s is no longer taking orders for custom graduation gift baskets, but bookmark her for future work!
3) Did your teen miss their senior prom? They can still celebrate at Shore Acres Resort! On June 6, Shore Acres is hosting a Community Senior Prom. Your high school graduate can celebrate with dancing, photos, cake and punch!
There will also be food trucks on site, and your teen’s ticket will get them into the dance, a photo, cake and punch. Tickets are already on sale – learn more about the event and buy tickets here!
4) Want to get some unique, locally-made jewelry for your grad? Check out Pretty Wais Jewelry, locally owned and made here in Spokane! These sapphire and rainbow earrings are one-of-a-kind!
5) Looking for an incredibly memorable way to celebrate your graduate? This graduation gift idea is nostalgic and will likely remain in your graduate’s life for a very long time – a custom made quilt made out of school t-shirts and jerseys! Crispin Studios makes these gorgeous quilts – learn more here!
6) Get a discount on custom travel itineraries for all high school AND college graduates through July 16th with Global Adventure Travel. You can plan your itinerary in the future to celebrate a meaningful graduation, but you’ll want to make sure to make the itinerary before July 16 to take advantage of the special offer! Reach out to Global Adventure Travel here.
7) Local business Phenix will send personal cards and gift cards to your favorite graduate – and they’re offering a discount! Learn more about this graduation gift idea at Phenix here. These are excellent graduation money gift ideas if your grad really wants money or gift cards!
8) For the Gonzaga grad, this gorgeous and inexpensive Gonzaga University Spokane heart map is a beautiful and touching gift! You can find similar gifts on Etsy for WSU, EWU and Whitworth grads as well.
Tasty Graduation Gift Ideas
9) It’s not really a graduation party unless there are tasty treats, right? If your graduate loves cakes, order them a custom cake from Ryann at Shake Your Cakes! You can check out cake and cupcake ideas from Shake Your Cakes here.
10) How cool are these custom Stacks ‘cakes’ from Stacks?! This is such a brilliant idea if your graduate loves candy more than cakes. A stack ‘cake’ from Stacks will include your grad’s favorite candy plus a combination of sweet and salty with nuts and protein bars to keep their energy levels up. Learn more and place your order here!
11) If your graduate is more about cookies than candy, you should definitely order them some unique cookies from Three Birdies Bakery! Jamie can truly make anything, from what I’ve seen, and the cookies are delicious. They’re the right amount of strong to hold their design, but also melt in your mouth. Check Three Birdies Bakery out here and place your orders soon!
12) Do you have a college graduate to celebrate? If your college graduate is 21+, take them to one of our favorite places for delicious cider – Bardic Brewing! You can read about the backstory of Bardic Brewing over at our interview here: Brewing Up Fun With Bardic Brewing!
Graduation Gift Ideas That Keep on Giving
Really want to get a gift for your high school or college graduate that will surprise and entertain them for months? Then these subscription boxes are the perfect graduation gifts!
13) If your graduate is like many in the Pacific Northwest, chances are they like hiking – or the idea of hiking. Get them a gift box subscription made for hikers! The Hikewize subscription box comes with hiking gear for “the perfect day hike” plus general trail tips and advice on visiting national parks. Your grad will get 5-7 high quality items per box.
14) Is your graduate into spicy foods and putting hot sauce on everything? They might be the perfect candidate for the Hot Sauce of the Month Club! This club will deliver artisan hot sauce to your graduate every month. Only the best hot sauces are chosen, and many are award-winners at major hot sauce festivals.
15) When I saw this subscription box, I immediately thought of several friends. While it may be long past our college graduations, this is a gift perfect for graduates and pretty much anyone who loves beef jerky!
The Stick in a Box subscription is a beef jerky subscription box that will introduce your graduate to 5-7 unique and gourmet jerky and beef sticks that can’t be found at local convenience stores. These are all small-batch jerky makers, which is pretty cool when you think about it!
There you have it, over 15 different gift ideas for all kinds of graduates, from high school to college. Whether your graduate is into sentimental gifts (like the quilts!) or tasty gifts (stack cakes! Cookies! Beef jerky!), there’s something for everyone.
What was the best graduation gift you ever received? Let us know over at our Facebook page!