Interested in writing a post for Everyday Spokane? Yay!
Everyday Spokane covers a wide array of subjects, from what it’s like to move here, exploring the city, art installations, community events and more. If it’s related to anything awesome happening in Spokane, send it our way!
Criteria for Blog Articles:
- 500-800 words
- Spokane-centric and positive (includes Spokane Valley, Liberty Lake, and surrounding areas)*
- Provide info that’s helpful and interesting!
- At least one good quality photo (3-5 preferred)
- Ensure any photos and copy you submit are owned by you or you have obtained proper permission
- Write in a fun and natural tone of voice. It’s all about delighting and informing our readers!
*If you would like to submit a post outside of Spokane, please include information about how to get there from Spokane. For example, if you want to write about the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival, mention how many hours it takes to get there from Spokane.
How to Submit Your Guest Post
- If you want your post to go live on a certain day, please submit at least 2 weeks ahead of time
- When you submit your post, please include a headshot and a brief (3 sentences max) bio of yourself
- Send the text of your post in a Google Doc. Attach any photos to the email OR include them in the document.
- Email your post to [email protected]
That’s it! Provide fun and value to the Spokane community – you can even plug your own stuff, as long as you’ve informed and entertained throughout your article. We’ll proof read and edit as needed.
Not sure what to write about? Our audience is interested in:
- Best locations to ski, snowboard, snowshoe, etc.
- Ice skating/skating at Riverfront Park – what’s it like!
- How to spend a day in downtown Spokane with a family
- Moving from (California, Texas, Oregon, Seattle, etc.) – if you’ve moved recently, share your story with us!
- Art events
- Music events
Email us if you have any questions!
*Note: Any information submitted to Everyday Spokane gives us the right to publish, edit, promote, re-publish and use content as we wish. It’s up to the author to ensure facts and copyrights. Any posts that do not fit the criteria, are too sales-oriented, poorly written, not submitted on time for a certain event, or don’t seem interesting to our audience may be rejected.
Ready to send us your awesome guest post? Great! Pop it into a Google Doc and email [email protected]!